I was sort of half-way thinking that I would still back out of registering for the marathon. Sure I ran 3 miles a few weeks ago but that was a freak thing for charity and I haven't been able to recreate it since. Today I was able to run 5 minutes, walk 5 minutes, run 5 minutes, walk 5 minutes, run 5 minutes, feel faint and gasp for breath and walk for 5 minutes. But back to the registration that almost wasn't. Because after that pitiful run, I was sure I'd wasted $85CDN (that's about $90USD - still not used that that exchange rate!). Anyway, back to the online form. It initially required some basic info - name, address, phone...date of birth. Usual stuff I was expecting. But after you input your date of birth, this tiny gray box pops up next to it: date at time of race. The #41 seemed to pulsate - or was that me realizing that age only goes up and not down. 40 sounds fine and I've gotten used to it but 41 sounds so much older. Like I can't turn back, I have to go darkly into that thing called age. And that's when I hurriedly finished the registration form online and paid my $85CDN. I'm committed. I'm doing this. Yikes!
Saturday, November 03, 2007
I was sort of half-way thinking that I would still back out of registering for the marathon. Sure I ran 3 miles a few weeks ago but that was a freak thing for charity and I haven't been able to recreate it since. Today I was able to run 5 minutes, walk 5 minutes, run 5 minutes, walk 5 minutes, run 5 minutes, feel faint and gasp for breath and walk for 5 minutes. But back to the registration that almost wasn't. Because after that pitiful run, I was sure I'd wasted $85CDN (that's about $90USD - still not used that that exchange rate!). Anyway, back to the online form. It initially required some basic info - name, address, phone...date of birth. Usual stuff I was expecting. But after you input your date of birth, this tiny gray box pops up next to it: date at time of race. The #41 seemed to pulsate - or was that me realizing that age only goes up and not down. 40 sounds fine and I've gotten used to it but 41 sounds so much older. Like I can't turn back, I have to go darkly into that thing called age. And that's when I hurriedly finished the registration form online and paid my $85CDN. I'm committed. I'm doing this. Yikes!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment